12 Essential HR Policies
Policies provide you with a framework to manage your staff consistently and fairly. Having a suite of regularly maintained, robust HR policies can help a company demonstrate that it maintains good HR compliance and enables employees to know what is expected of them, and what support is available to them.
The aim of HR policies is to (among other things):
- Providing clear communication regarding key rules and responsibilities.
- Forming a basis for treating all employees fairly and equally.
- Setting and managing employee expectations.
- Establishing guidelines for managers.
- Ensuring all policies are aligned to legal requirements and best practices.
- Creating a common and healthy working environment.
A sick absence policy should make clear exactly what's expected from both the employer and employee if the employee is sick.
This policy sets out your organisation’s approach to female, trans and non-binary members of staff experiencing menopausal symptoms, and what support those employees can expect to receive during this time.