Probationary period policy template1 minute read
Use this if you require a robust and practical probationary period policy template.
What is a Probationary period policy?
The purpose of this Probationary period policy template is to provide you with a flexible and customisable document to serve as a robust and effective starting point for you.
By using our Probationary period policy template, you can streamline your process, maintain consistency and accuracy, and save time, and it can be easily adapted to fit your specific scenario.
Probationary period Policy
All new staff are subject to a probationary period of [3|6|12] months. An initial informal review will take place after [3|6] months with your line manager, with a formal review after [6|12] months. Your appointment will be confirmed on satisfactory completion of the [3|6|12] month period. During this probationary period you will be given appropriate support and development opportunity to help you reach the required standards.
Extension of the probationary period may be granted to enable the required standards to be achieved, but failure to do so could result in termination of your employment.
Issue date: [date]
Author: [name, job title]
- You save time and effort with a professionally written, editable HR document that is tailored to meet best practice.
- You ensure compliance with applicable ACAS Codes of Conduct and other legal requirements.
- You are notified by email whenever this template or its supporting resources are updated.
- You enjoy 12 months of unlimited access with no hidden fees or extra costs.
- You unlock a 25% discount on all future purchases or renewals of our libraries, toolkits, and templates.