Hiring managers recruitment checklist guide
Reviewed 1 June 2021
A simple checklist of what is involved in the recruitment process from preparing a job description and person specification, advertising the vacancy, carrying out an interview process and making an offer of employment.
Hiring managers recruitment checklist
- Review the post:
- Is it necessary?
- Does it need to be changed?
- Can the duties be adequately covered elsewhere?
If significant changes are required or it is a new post please discuss the details in relation to grade and salary with the HR Department /appropriate Director
- Complete a Job Vacancy Form ensuring approval of appropriate Director.
If post is newly established then seek confirmation of funding from the Finance department.
- Review / complete the job description and person specification.
- Put together an information pack for the vacancy.
- Decide the most effective way to recruit to the post. For example internal advert / job centre / national press etc.
- Design the advert.
This should be done in conjunction with the HR department. Decide on a closing date, method of application (e.g. C.V. or application form), whether a pre-interview visit will be required and who should be contacted for applicant enquiries. The HR department will process the a
This is a word-limited preview. The full template will be displayed here in full once you purchase it individually, or when you purchase the recruitment template pack.
Recruitment template pack
Get unlimited downloads of this Hiring managers recruitment checklist guide, all other Job interviewing templates, AND everything else in the Recruitment template pack for 12 months.