Hours of work policy templateReading time 1 minutes (inc. support info). Reviewed 04/11/2022.
Use this if you require a robust and practical hours of work policy template.
What is a Hours of work policy?
The purpose of this Hours of work policy template is to provide you with a flexible and customisable document to serve as a robust and effective starting point for you.
By using our Hours of work policy template, you can streamline your process, maintain consistency and accuracy, and save time, and it can be easily adapted to fit your specific scenario.
Hours of work Policy
The purpose of this policy is to specify rules with regards to hours of work.
This policy is applicable to all employees of [company name].
Your normal hours and working pattern will be specified in your [Contract of Employment | Statement of Terms and Conditions of Employment].
The full-time contracted hours for all posts within the organisation are [hours] hours per week excluding daily meal breaks. A daily unpaid lunch break of a minimum of [30 | 60] minutes must be taken if you work more than six hours daily.
[Company] reserves the right to vary your hours and pattern of working, following consultation and agreement with you.
Persistent poor timekeeping means that colleagues are put under pressure to cover your duties. This is not acceptable and may be considered as a potential disciplinary offence under our disciplinary procedures.
Issue date: [date]
Author: [name, job title]
- You save time and effort with a professionally written, editable HR document that is tailored to meet best practice.
- You ensure compliance with applicable ACAS Codes of Conduct and other legal requirements.
- You are notified by email whenever this template or its supporting resources are updated.
- You enjoy 12 months of unlimited access with no hidden fees or extra costs.
- You unlock a 25% discount on all future purchases or renewals of our libraries, toolkits, and templates.