Criminal record checks policy template1 min read
If you are undertaking criminal record checks as part of your onboarding process, this model policy provides you with a legal, effective framework.
What is a Criminal record checks policy?
Knowing ahead of time whether a candidate has a violent, threatening, or high-risk criminal history allows you to make more informed hiring decisions based on your organisation's risk tolerance, job-specific requirements, industry regulations, and other factors.
Criminal record checks Policy
These policy outlines the requirement for some employees to undergo a criminal records check.
This policy is applicable to all employees of [company name].
If during your employment with us you are likely to come into contact with [sensitive information | children | vulnerable adults] (or certain other particular circumstances) you] may be required to undergo a criminal records check.
Should this be the case, we will discuss the situation with you prior to confirming your appointment (or relevant change to your job).
Issue date: [date]
Author: [name, job title]
- You save time and effort with a professionally written, editable HR document that is tailored to meet best practice.
- You ensure compliance with applicable ACAS Codes of Conduct and other legal requirements.
- You are notified by email whenever this template or its supporting resources are updated.
- You enjoy 12 months of unlimited access with no hidden fees or extra costs.
- You unlock a 25% discount on all future purchases or renewals of our libraries, toolkits, and templates.