Interview record (with guidance notes) form template2 minute read
Uset this model interview record form to record the outcomes of the interview and the reasons for the appointment decisions made.
The document includes guidance to aid decision-making.
What is an Interview record (with guidance notes) form?
The purpose of this Interview record (with guidance notes) form template is to provide you with a flexible and customisable document to serve as a robust and effective starting point for you.
By using our Interview record (with guidance notes) form template, you can streamline your process, maintain consistency and accuracy, and save time, and it can be easily adapted to fit your specific scenario.
Interview record (with guidance notes)
|Date of interview:
Panels comments on interviewees (including recommendation to appoint):
Guidance Notes for recording your decisions
- Once the interview process has been completed the interview panel should discuss how each applicant has met or not met the criteria needed for the job as detailed in the person specification. It is important to focus on what evidence was presented to support your decision. This evidence should be taken from the interview summary form completed by each interviewer. These forms will be kept with the summary form to enable us to show how we reached our decision should an applicant make a complaint about the interview process.
- The chair of the interview panel should summarise, for each applicant, the key evidence to support the decisions made for both the successful and unsuccessful applicants.
- Some examples of evidence for a successful applicant may be as follows:
- Presented strong evidence of working at strategic level from previous employment, examples given of strategies developed and sound explanation of impact on the organisation. Good understanding of issues facing public sector gained through partnership working. Able to meet all essential criteria.
- Good examples given of dealing with customers in a range of face to face situations. Demonstrated experience of dealing with difficult situations and able to explain how to diffusive potentially aggressive customers. Able to meet all criteria for the post.
- Some examples of evidence for a unsuccessful applicant may be as follows:
- Was not able to provide evidence of working at a strategic level as major responsibilities is at an operational level. Awareness of public sector issues was limited and no understanding of political context to role.
- Limited experience of dealing with customers in a face to face situation as most experience has been gained in a telephone call centre. Not able to provide any examples of dealing with difficult customers as these are passed to more senior staff with the organisation.
Issue date: [date]
- You save time and effort with a professionally written, editable HR document that is tailored to meet best practice.
- You ensure compliance with applicable ACAS Codes of Conduct and other legal requirements.
- You are notified by email whenever this template or its supporting resources are updated.
- You enjoy 12 months of unlimited access with no hidden fees or extra costs.
- You unlock a 25% discount on all future purchases or renewals of our libraries, toolkits, and templates.