Procedure in the event of an accident policy template1 min read
Use this if you require a robust and practical procedure in the event of an accident policy template.
What is a Procedure in the event of an accident policy?
The purpose of this Procedure in the event of an accident policy template is to provide you with a flexible and customisable document to serve as a robust and effective starting point for you.
By using our Procedure in the event of an accident policy template, you can streamline your process, maintain consistency and accuracy, and save time, and it can be easily adapted to fit your specific scenario.
Procedure in the event of an accident Policy
An Accident Book is available from your line manager and it is the responsibility of each individual employee to report and record any accident involving personal injury. Any accident or near miss occurrence (i.e. no one was injured but the incident had the potential to injure or kill) at work should be reported immediately to your line manager.
All employees who are absent from work following an accident must complete a self-certification form, which clearly states the nature and cause of the injury.
For any employee who suffers an injury at work which results in them being away from work, or unable to do their normal work, for three days or more (including weekends, rest days or holidays) it is important that your manager is informed as the Health and Safety Executive also need to be informed by the Company.
Form 2508 (available from www.riddor.gov.uk/f2508.dot) should be completed in conjunction with your line manager. Employees are not expected to complete these forms themselves.
Issue date: [date]
Author: [name, job title]
- You save time and effort with a professionally written, editable HR document that is tailored to meet best practice.
- You ensure compliance with applicable ACAS Codes of Conduct and other legal requirements.
- You are notified by email whenever this template or its supporting resources are updated.
- You enjoy 12 months of unlimited access with no hidden fees or extra costs.
- You unlock a 25% discount on all future purchases or renewals of our libraries, toolkits, and templates.