Working notice policy template1 min read
This model policy outlines the usual arrangements for working a notice period, for an employee who is leaving the company.
What is a Working notice policy?
The purpose of this Working notice policy template is to provide you with a flexible and customisable document to serve as a robust and effective starting point for you.
By using our Working notice policy template, you can streamline your process, maintain consistency and accuracy, and save time, and it can be easily adapted to fit your specific scenario.
Working notice Policy
This policy outlines the usual arrangements for working a notice period, for an employee who is leaving the company.
This policy is applicable to all employees of [company name].
In all cases the Company reserves the right to enforce your full notice period. Your full remaining annual leave entitlement should be taken during your notice period in agreement with your line manager. Exceptionally, if this is not possible, your manager may agree to make a payment in lieu of this. If you leave any day other than the last working day of that month, that month will not count for annual leave purposes.
If you resign and are in possession of Company property (including computer files), you should make your manager aware of these, and arrange how they will be handed back to the Company. You remain bound by the confidentiality arrangements outlined in your contract of employment during this period.
In exceptional circumstances, if deemed appropriate and as an alternative to working your notice, the Company reserves the right either to transfer you to other suitable duties during your notice period or to require you to accept payment in lieu of any entitlement to notice.
Issue date: [date]
Author: [name, job title]
- You save time and effort with a professionally written, editable HR document that is tailored to meet best practice.
- You ensure compliance with applicable ACAS Codes of Conduct and other legal requirements.
- You are notified by email whenever this template or its supporting resources are updated.
- You enjoy 12 months of unlimited access with no hidden fees or extra costs.
- You unlock a 25% discount on all future purchases or renewals of our libraries, toolkits, and templates.