Job interviewing documents
Recruitment and selection guide
The Recruitment and Selection procedure helps managers to ensure that they make an informed decision when interviewing and hiring a new employee.
Recruitment and selection
The recruitment and selection decision is of prime importance as the vehicle for obtaining the best possible person-to-job fit which will, when aggregated, contribute significantly towards the Companys effectiveness. It is also becoming increasingly important, as the Company evolves and changes, that new recruits show a willingness to learn, adaptability and ability to work as part of a team. The Recruitment and Selection procedure should help managers to ensure that these criteria are addressed.
The Company Recruitment and Selection Policy should:
- be fair and consistent;
- be non-discriminatory on the grounds of sex, race, age, religion or disability;
- conform to statutory regulations and agreed best practice.
To ensure that these policy aims are achieved, all appointing managers should receive training in effective recruitment and selection.
The Recruitment Process
The following procedure should be used when a post is to be filled. The appointing manager must:
- Define the job. If it is an existing post, is an exact replacement required or is this an opportunity to revise the requirements. If it is a newly established post be clear on the exact requirements, draw up a job description and consult the appropriate Director / HR Department in relation to the appropriate grade and salary.
- Complete a Job Vacancy Form which confirms:
- details of the post
- final approval from the appropriate Director;
- in the event of the job being newly established, the approval of the Chief Executive, and confirmation from the Director of Finance, that funding is available.
- Send the Job Vacancy Form to the HR Department. No vacancy can be processed without this authorisation.
- Ensure the Job Description and person specification are up-to-date. Contact the Human Resources Department for advice / any assistance in completing these.
- Collate an information package appropriate for the post. This package should include:
- job description and if appropriate, the person specification
- information on the department
- information on the Company
- terms and conditions of employment
- It is important that this pack is carefully put together in order to present a professional image of the Company, therefore out-of date or poorly presented information is not suitable.
- Discuss with the HR Department / appropriate Director the most effective means of obtaining suitable candidates. The following options should be explored (in this order):
- Internal advert within the C
The full Recruitment and selection guide will be displayed above once you purchase either this document individually, or as part of the following pack:
5 March 2021
If you have purchased the document, or if it is FREE, simply copy/email/download and replace any highlighted wording contained in "[ ]", with your details.