Retirement notification letter template1 min read
This letter is for employees to notify the company of their wish to retire, the proposed date on which they wish to retire, and any request for a phased wind-down.
What is a Retirement notification letter?
A retirement notification letter is a formal letter written by an employee to their employer or supervisor to notify them of their intent to retire from their current position.
The letter typically includes the employee's name, position, and retirement date. It is important to include the retirement date in the letter, as this allows the employer to plan for a smooth transition and ensure that all necessary tasks are completed before the employee's departure.
Additionally, the letter may express gratitude to the employer and colleagues for the opportunity to work with them and summarize the employee's contributions to the organisation. The retirement notification letter is a professional courtesy that helps to ensure a positive end to the employee's career and maintains a good relationship with the employer.
Retirement notification [Delete this line]
Dear [Recipient first name],
Please accept this as formal notice of my retirement due on [date]. Ill therefore be leaving my position of [job title] as of that date.
Please let me know the arrangements for handing back company equipment and handing over outstanding work and responsibilities.
[I would like to request your consideration for a phased reduction in my weekly hours before my retirement as follows:
[detail wind-down here]]
[Ill be sorry to leave, and I thank you for your support during my time with the company, which I have found enjoyable and fulfilling.*]
*Delete if not required
Yours [faithfully | sincerely],
[Sender job title]
Retirement acknowledgement letter template
This letter acknowledges an employees decision to retire, and provides essential information such as pension arrangements, final payments due and list the company property they are requested to return.
- You save time and effort with a professionally written, editable HR document that is tailored to meet best practice.
- You ensure compliance with applicable ACAS Codes of Conduct and other legal requirements.
- You get a process flowchart to help you adhere to best practice.
- You are notified by email whenever this template or its supporting resources are updated.
- You enjoy 12 months of unlimited access with no hidden fees or extra costs.
- You unlock a 25% discount on all future purchases or renewals of our libraries, toolkits, and templates.