Offer of employment letter template2 minute read
After choosing the right person for the job, after making a verbal offer send them an offer letter for them to formally respond to.
This letter contains the key information that they need to make a decision, including salary, working hours, holiday entitlement, benefits and pensions.
What is an Offer of employment letter?
An offer of employment letter is a formal document that outlines the terms and conditions of an employment offer made by an employer to a prospective employee. The letter typically includes details such as the job title, job description, salary, benefits, start date, and any other relevant terms and conditions of employment.
The offer of employment letter is an important document for both the employer and the prospective employee as it serves as a written record of the employment agreement. It also provides clarity and transparency regarding the terms and conditions of employment and helps to avoid misunderstandings or disputes.
The letter is usually sent after the employer has conducted a successful interview or selection process and has decided to extend a job offer to the candidate. The offer of employment letter may be sent via email or physical mail and is typically accompanied by other documents such as an employment agreement or an employee handbook.
The offer of employment letter may also include a deadline for the candidate to accept or decline the offer, which is usually a few days or weeks after the letter is sent. Once the candidate accepts the offer, the employer and the employee can proceed with finalising the employment agreement and other necessary paperwork.
Offer of employment [Delete this line]
Dear [Recipient first name],
Offer of Employment
We are delighted to offer you the position of [Job Title] at [Company Name], subject to the terms and conditions outlined below. We were impressed by your skills, experience, and qualifications, and believe that you will make a valuable contribution to our team.
The key terms of your employment are as follows:
- Position: You will be employed as a [Job Title], reporting to [Supervisor Name and Title].
- Start Date: Your employment will commence on [Start Date].
- Salary: Your starting salary will be [Salary], payable monthly, and subject to tax and national insurance deductions.
- Probationary Period: You will be subject to a probationary period of [Probationary Period], during which time your performance will be monitored and assessed.
- Hours of Work: You will be required to work [Hours of Work] per week, with [Days of Work] being your regular working days.[ Your working hours may be subject to change from time to time, depending on the needs of the business.]
- Holidays: You will be entitled to [Holiday Entitlement] days' paid annual leave per year, in addition to [Bank Holidays] bank holidays.
- Benefits: You will receive [List of Benefits].
- Termination: Your employment can be terminated by either party on [Notice Period] weeks' notice.
- Employment Agreement: Your employment is subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the Employment Agreement, which will be issued to you on or before your first day of employment.
We are confident that you will be an excellent addition to our team and look forward to your contributions. If you accept this offer of employment, please sign and return one copy of this letter by [Acceptance Deadline].
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding this offer of employment. We are excited to have you join our team and wish you every success in your new role at [Company Name].
Yours [faithfully | sincerely],
[Sender job title]
Interview record form template
It is vital to maintain interview records should a decision be challenged by a candidate, so having this completed is important.
Statement of terms and conditions contract of employment template
Our Statement of Terms and Conditions Template ensures legal compliance, providing employees with essential details about their employment.
- You save time and effort with a professionally written, editable HR document that is tailored to meet best practice.
- You ensure compliance with applicable ACAS Codes of Conduct and other legal requirements.
- You get a process flowchart to help you adhere to best practice.
- You are notified by email whenever this template or its supporting resources are updated.
- You enjoy 12 months of unlimited access with no hidden fees or extra costs.
- You unlock a 25% discount on all future purchases or renewals of our libraries, toolkits, and templates.