Parental leave postponement letter template1 min read
Employers can use this Postponement of Parental Leave Letter to restrict employees from taking parental leave at a specific period because of the disruption that their absence would cause.
What is a Parental leave postponement letter?
Employers may only delay a legitimate application for parental leave if they can demonstrate a significant impact on their operations. If a company delays an employee's request for parental leave, they must nonetheless permit the employee to take the same length of leave within six months of the initial request.
Additionally, when parental leave is scheduled to be taken as a consequence of a child's birth or adoption, employers are not permitted to delay it.
Parental leave postponement [Delete this line]
Dear [Recipient first name],
I write further to our [meeting/discussion] on [date], in which I confirmed to you that the organisation will be unable to grant your request for [date] parental leave for [name of child] from [date] to [date] due to [reason].
[At this meeting/during this discussion] I let you know that, given the situation, the parental leave period could be delayed for a maximum of six months from the day you wished to begin it.
I'm happy that we were able to come to an understanding that this delayed period of leave would be taken from [date] to [date] [and your paperwork for parental leave will be revised appropriately].
Unfortunately we were unable to agree on the timing of this leave time, so I must now advise you that it will be taken from [date] to [date] [and your form requesting parental leave will be changed as a result].
Yours [faithfully | sincerely],
[Sender job title]
- You save time and effort with a professionally written, editable HR document that is tailored to meet best practice.
- You ensure compliance with applicable ACAS Codes of Conduct and other legal requirements.
- You are notified by email whenever this template or its supporting resources are updated.
- You enjoy 12 months of unlimited access with no hidden fees or extra costs.
- You unlock a 25% discount on all future purchases or renewals of our libraries, toolkits, and templates.