Driver commitment statement form template2 minute read
A driver commitment statement form template that outlines the expectations for safe driving when using company vehicles.
What is a Driver commitment statement form?
A driver commitment statement is a document that employees sign to indicate their understanding of the company's expectations for safe driving. It typically includes a list of rules and regulations that employees agree to follow, such as obeying traffic laws, not driving while impaired, and using a seatbelt. The statement may also include a pledge to report any accidents or near-accidents to their supervisor immediately.
Driver commitment statements are an important part of a company's safety program. They help to ensure that employees are aware of the risks associated with driving and that they are committed to driving safely. By signing a driver commitment statement, employees are agreeing to take responsibility for their own safety and the safety of others on the road.
Driver commitment statement
I understand that I am responsible for the safe operation of any vehicle that I use for business purposes. I am committed to driving safely and responsibly, and I will do my part to ensure the safety of myself, my passengers, and other road users.
f I use a vehicle for the purpose of business for [Company name], I will:
- Obey all traffic laws and regulations.
- Not drive while impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- Not use my phone while driving, or when parked with the engine running.
- Not drive if I am tired or fatigued.
- Wear a seat belt whenever I drive or travel in a vehicle, and ensure that all passengers do the same.
- Report any accidents or incidents to management immediately.
- Maintain the vehicle in a good, clean condition, and if a company-owned vehicle, report any problems immediately.
- Perform regular checks on vehicle roadworthiness, including ensuring that the following work and / or all meet legal standards:
- Washers and wipers
- Inform management if I develop any medical conditions likely to affect my driving.
- Notify management of any endorsements on my licence.
- Take responsibility for paying for fines, traffic offences or other breaches of the law.
I understand that if I breach any of these terms, I may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Here are some additional tips for safe driving:
- Plan your route and allow plenty of time for your trip.
- Be aware of your surroundings and be prepared to react to changes in traffic conditions.
- Use your mirrors often to check your blind spots.
- Signal your intentions well in advance.
- Be courteous to other drivers.
- Don't drive when you are angry or upset.
- Take breaks if you are feeling tired.
Issue date: [date]
- You save time and effort with a professionally written, editable HR document that is tailored to meet best practice.
- You ensure compliance with applicable ACAS Codes of Conduct and other legal requirements.
- You are notified by email whenever this template or its supporting resources are updated.
- You enjoy 12 months of unlimited access with no hidden fees or extra costs.
- You unlock a 25% discount on all future purchases or renewals of our libraries, toolkits, and templates.