Performance appraisal documents
Performance appraisal managers checklist guide
This document is a quick checklist for an appraiser and what they need to do in practice to make a Performance Development Review a success.
Performance appraisal managers checklist
1. Collect the information which you will require
- How they have performed against last years objectives?
- How they have managed their resources?
- Problems they have had, and how they have addressed these
- Their strengths and weaknesses
- Their likely training / development needs
- Any changes to their job / objectives through the year?
- Any problems with relationships?
- Evidence of self-development over the year
2. Prepare the Environment
- Choose an appropriate room
- Allocate enough time
- Inform the appraisee well in advance
- Ensure there will be no interruptions
3. Prepare the Appraisee
- Explain the appraisal process in advance
- Allow them time to adequately prepare
- Explain to them how to get the most from the appraisal interview
4. Reflect on the skills you require for effective appraisal interviewing
- Questioning, listening, giving and receiving feedback, problem solving, note taking, being fair
The Appraisal Interview
- explain the purpose of the interview
- explain the stages of the interview
- recap on the situation at the last (or interim) appraisal
- state the benefits which you hope will
The full Performance appraisal managers checklist guide will be displayed above once you purchase either this document individually, or as part of the following pack:
13 March 2021
If you have purchased the document, or if it is FREE, simply copy/email/download and replace any highlighted wording contained in "[ ]", with your details.
Exit interview documents
By performing an exit interview with an employee before they go, you’ll have an opportunity to get honest feedback about positive and negative experiences, identify potential areas of opportunity for increasing employee retention, identify opportunities to improve engagement, and get valuable insight to help hire their replacement
Flexible working documents
Flexible working is a way of working that suits an employee’s needs, for example having flexible start and finish times, or working from home