Successful alternative employment trial period confirmation letter template1 min read
If a trial period in a suitable alternative role has been successful, send this model letter to the employee to confirm their permanent appointment in the new role.
What is a Successful alternative employment trial period confirmation letter?
Employees have the right to a 4-week trial period if they accept a new role. If they need more time to train for the role, you can agree to a longer trial period. It must be agreed in writing and have a clear end date.
The trial period should start after they've worked their notice period and their previous contract has ended.
This avoids any confusion or disputes over dates if the trial does not work out. It's a good idea to set out the dates for the trial in writing.
Successful alternative employment trial period confirmation [Delete this line]
Dear [Recipient first name],
Following our letter of [date] in which we agreed that you would undergo a trial period in the post of [role] following the redundancy of your previous job, I confirm that the trial period came to an end on [date].
I am pleased to confirm that the organisation is satisfied that this post is suitable for you and that your appointment in your new role has therefore been formally approved.
If you have any queries on any aspect of your new job, please contact me.
Yours [faithfully | sincerely],
[Sender job title]
Offer of suitable alternative employment letter template
If you can offer suitable alternative employment for an employee in a redundant role, issue this model letter to them to offer the new role to them.
- You save time and effort with a professionally written, editable HR document that is tailored to meet best practice.
- You ensure compliance with applicable ACAS Codes of Conduct and other legal requirements.
- You get a process flowchart to help you adhere to best practice.
- You are notified by email whenever this template or its supporting resources are updated.
- You enjoy 12 months of unlimited access with no hidden fees or extra costs.
- You unlock a 25% discount on all future purchases or renewals of our libraries, toolkits, and templates.