Reference request form template1 minute read
This form can be sent standalone to a referee nominated by the new employee, or alongside a cover letter. It requests confirmation of dates of service and suitability for the role.
What is a Reference request form?
The purpose of this Reference request form template is to provide you with a flexible and customisable document to serve as a robust and effective starting point for you.
By using our Reference request form template, you can streamline your process, maintain consistency and accuracy, and save time, and it can be easily adapted to fit your specific scenario.
Reference request: [insert job title], [insert name of applicant]
The person named above has applied for a job with this company and has given your name as someone who we can contact for a reference.
I would be most grateful if you would confirm the employment details and give comment on the persons suitability based on the requirements of the job.
|Applicants position with your firm:
Please rate the applicant on the basis of his or her employment with you (good/fair/poor):
|Reason for termination:
|Would you re-employ? (if NO, give reason):
|YES / NO
I confirm that the information provided in this form is correct to the best of my knowledge.
Issue date: [date]
Reference request letter template
If you are recruiting a new employee and wish to request a reference from a previous employer, send this this model letter template to request confirmation of their employment.
Reference completed (where form is provided) letter template
Our Reference Completed Letter Template streamlines the process of providing detailed and accurate employee references, saving time and effort.
- You save time and effort with a professionally written, editable HR document that is tailored to meet best practice.
- You ensure compliance with applicable ACAS Codes of Conduct and other legal requirements.
- You get a process flowchart to help you adhere to best practice.
- You are notified by email whenever this template or its supporting resources are updated.
- You enjoy 12 months of unlimited access with no hidden fees or extra costs.
- You unlock a 25% discount on all future purchases or renewals of our libraries, toolkits, and templates.