Candidate shortlist record form templateReading time 1 minutes (inc. support info). Reviewed 14/08/2023.
Our Candidate Shortlist Record Form template documents the shortlisting process, ensuring consistency and transparency in candidate selection during recruitment.
What is a Candidate shortlist record form?
The purpose of this template is to provide a structured and organised format for recording essential details about shortlisted candidates in the recruitment process
By documenting qualifications, experience, skills, and diversity factors, it ensures fair and transparent decision-making.
This form serves as a concise reference, aiding recruiters in justifying selections while adhering to data protection regulations.
What legal and best practice aspects should employers be aware of?
All members of the interview panel should normally be involved in the short-listing process.
Each panel member is to read and rate independently each application on the short-listing form.
When completed, the panel should meet to reach consensus on those applications to be pursued.
Candidate shortlist record
Consider each candidate against the criteria set out in the Person Specification and note how well they meet them and whether they should be short-listed.
2 = Fully met
1 = Partially met
0 = Not met/demonstrated
1 to 8 = Criteria as listed in the Person Specification (education, knowledge, relevant experience, skills/abilities evidenced on application form)
Issue date: [date]
- You save time and effort with a professionally written, editable HR document that is tailored to meet best practice.
- You ensure compliance with applicable ACAS Codes of Conduct and other legal requirements.
- You are notified by email whenever this template or its supporting resources are updated.
- You enjoy 12 months of unlimited access with no hidden fees or extra costs.
- You unlock a 25% discount on all future purchases or renewals of our libraries, toolkits, and templates.