Grievance appeal hearing outcome confirmation letter template1 minute read
If a grievance appeal hearing has been held, send this model letter template for confirmation of the outcome.
The letter should explain whether it is upholding or overturning the decision on the original grievance and give the reasons why.
If it is overturning the findings of the original grievance, it should explain what action it will take to resolve the grievance.
The letter should also explain that there is no further appeal.
What is a Grievance appeal hearing outcome confirmation letter?
As soon as possible after a grievance appeal hearing, the decision should be communicate to the employee in writing.
Grievance appeal hearing outcome confirmation [Delete this line]
Dear [Recipient first name],
Outcome Of Grievance Appeal Hearing
I am writing to let you know that your appeal relating to the decision regarding [insert details of original grievance outcome] has been fully investigated in accordance with the Companys grievance procedures.
Having considered your complaint and having heard all that has been said by you, or on your behalf, and having taken full account of all that has been presented by [you | your trade union representative], it has been decided to [uphold | overturn the original decision. The reasons for this are [insert rationale].
You have now exercised your right of appeal under the Company Grievance Procedure and this decision is final.
Yours [faithfully | sincerely],
[Sender job title]
- You save time and effort with a professionally written, editable HR document that is tailored to meet best practice.
- You ensure compliance with applicable ACAS Codes of Conduct and other legal requirements.
- You are notified by email whenever this template or its supporting resources are updated.
- You enjoy 12 months of unlimited access with no hidden fees or extra costs.
- You unlock a 25% discount on all future purchases or renewals of our libraries, toolkits, and templates.