Health and safety policies
Fire safety policy
This description is being updated...
Employees should follow these steps to help prevent fires:
- Before you use any electrical appliances carry out a quick check to make sure that the cables, plugs etc are not damaged.
- Do not use any electrical equipment that shows signs of damage, even if you think it is only minor. Report any faults you find to your line manager and find an alternative appliance.
- Ensure that you place your rubbish in the proper waste bins. Do not overfill the bins, and ensure that your waste bin is accessible to the cleaners at the end of each day.
Action to take when the fire alarm goes off:
- Immediately stop what you are doing and walk (do not run) to the nearest available safe fire exit. If your nearest exit/route is obstructed, choose another route. Make sure that you are aware of the fire exits and routes in your area.
- Follow the instructions of your designated Fire Warden.
- Direction signs should indicate the route to your fire exit. These comprise a white arrow on a green background s
The full Fire safety policy will be displayed above once you purchase either this document individually, or as part of the following pack:
25 September 2018
If you have purchased the document, or if it is FREE, simply copy/email/download and replace any highlighted wording contained in "[ ]", with your details.